FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Jordan
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:36 am
ORD-TGU

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
Has anyone recently stayed at the Marriott Dead Sea in Jordan? Trying to decide whether to stay there or Kempinski Ishtar. Ambassador level with Marriott, but worried that the Dead Sea property may be a bit dated. We are planning to stay in the 2 bedroom Duplex Suite so any insight on that room would be great. Thanks.
I visited Jordan last spring, and I decided to stay at the Hilton next door (over the Marriott, even though I am Platinum P) since it was cheaper (points), newer and had a lounge (with free flowing Jordanian wine), plus rooms have better views, plenty of premium rooms for easy upgrades.

I did visit the Marriott and the common areas are not dated, but not modern new, more traditional decor. It does not have a lounge and I saw the breakfast buffet and it was very ample, no view. There were a lot of families and children in the multiple pools. The hilton also had a lot of families too, but in a segregated pool. The dead sea beach access was small at Marriott, the Hilton beach is way better. I did not see the rooms at the Marriott. The Marriott landscaping was perfect.

Overall, just by seeing the Kempinski photos online, I would stay there, it looks modern, more luxurious. But it depends on how much $, vs points you want to spend, etc

Fyi, all these hotels are next to each other in same area, they all have great pools and easy access to the dead sea which was the whole point of my visit.

I did stay at 2 other Marriotts in Jordan, top service, but those rooms were not modern but perfectly fine.