FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - why is tsa always at my crotch..seriously
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:36 am
luckydriver

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Dude, get Precheck!

At my home airport (BNA) X Ray only. No removing of shoes. No removing of liquids.

Especially during holiday travel. there is rarely anyone in line, while the regular line can be 15 minutes long.

No groping, not scanning, no nothing. I just sashay through the X-ray machine with my belt on and my shoes on and all metal out of my pockets.

If someone sets off the metal detector, they get scanned. I just put my phone, wallet, keys, change in my backpack. No fuss.
how do you get thru with no buzz on the belt. 85% of the time i got thru with no issues but one time the dude tells me i should have taken belt off. why didnt it set it off before? geez

also id def toss my fleece jacket in the bin cause the thick zipper. heck one time i had TSA tell me to put back on my watch! whats up with that?

word of warning. breathsaver wrappers are metal. i learned this at a courthouse years ago. when i was at the empire state building and got the buzz he told me that cannot be the issue. i handed him the lifesavers and went back thru no buzz. ...made my day