FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:45 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by elhombre
I usually book my flights to europe in economy for me and my family, especially with points. However I am going to london by myself for work, and I really want to book a business or first class flight from PHX to LHR. I am not finding any nonstop in business for early May, only in economy. To be frank, some of these connections suck, with layovers for 6-7 hours.... is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?
This is completely normal with AA, they are very, very stingy with premium award availability to Europe, especially on AA metal. And May is getting into peak season to Europe, it's definitely unrealistic to expect the "perfect" award routing on the nonstop flight in business. In fact I'd consider yourself lucky if you are able to find any routing in business sAAver to LHR on AA metal that is even close to your dates, even with a 6-7 hr connection. I'd grab that now and keep checking over the coming months to see if anything better opens up.