FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:10 am
Traveller999

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
I did take the paid access now 2 times recently, but I think I will skip it in future.
Yes, the flair is impressive and everything so quiet and calm. But I myself did feel somehow lonely, with just 5 to 7 more guest in the total lounge.
In addition, you may call me picky, I was not satisfied with the temperature of the Champagne served neither with the quality of the steak. Donīt get me wrong, it was nice, but in a "over the first class" lounge I expect that if I order a medium steak, that it does not come well done and if I express my wish for a more cold Champagne, that the staff fulfills my wish, especially when the lounge is operated by an airline, which shouts around all the time "we are the best in universe...ok in skytrax universe" ;-)

One nice thing on 1st of February was, that the lounge staff did prepare a cake and asked people (5) to come to celebrate the victory of the Qatari football team. Pictures were taken from the passengers celebrating with a piece of cake and some juice ;-) and then something weird happend - I did ask if I can get a copy of the pictures taken as well, as I am on them, but they could not grant me that request. However they did take my email, but surprise, I did not receive any picture or mail from QR......

Last edited by Traveller999; Feb 5, 2019 at 10:27 pm