FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Passenger of Size" (PoS) - What's the policy, experiences, issues, ...[Consolidated]
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:08 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BB2220

Do you know what 6’2” 300 looks like? I do. I’m an inch taller and 20 lbs lighter. He’s not going to be spilling into the next seat. It’s not going to be luxurious, but with E+ it’s ok. E- is another story, but he’s not going to encroach on someone else’s space. If he was 5’5” 300 it would be a different story, but his weight is vertical, not horizontal.
Not that I'm doubting you, but I'm 5'11 and 165, so upon seeing those numbers, my instinct would be to assume it's quite large. That's 45 pounds per inch on top of my frame, which is otherwise 2.32 pounds per inch.

That being said, I have a friend who's the same height as me, slightly heavier, and is much skinnier, but also not too muscular.

So I both agree and disagree with you. No one knows what 6'2 / 300 looks like on a random internet stranger. I tend not to make assumptions based on numbers, because I can show you two guys who are 5'11 / 165, but with drastically different frames.