FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:16 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Really? I only stayed at this hotel once, but I view them as a hotel that will argue details about policy and nickel and dime you, and fight to not give you anything more than is required.

- They tried to sell me an upgrade to a suite at the same price that the suite was selling for (not the price difference -- the full price, in addition to my room rate)
- They did not proactively send the amenity which I paid for (Prive rate) -- I had to ask to get it
- They tried to limit my restaurant breakfast (also paid for through Prive rate) to one guest, not two. Their argument was that the room type I was upgraded to (club room) charges more for additional guests (this is totally irrelevant because the rate which I actually booked does not charge more for additional guests).
- They did not proactively apply my Prive discount on my F&B charges -- I had to request a manual adjustment.

I got everything that I was entitled to, but it was like pulling teeth. This is probably my worst experience at any Hyatt. I hated the Andaz Wall St too, but at least the employees there weren't actively trying to rip you off. Needless to say, I won't be back.
A shame. They used to have a good reputation and I had a few good stays years ago. Sounds like their Hyatt corporate masters tightened the strings to pay for those renovations.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 4, 2019 at 11:48 pm