FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:16 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jlemon
I will be flying from LHR to DFW in business class on board an AA operated B777-200 in early April. According to the Seat Guru website, there are two 772 business class seating configurations used by American including one where every other window seat in business faces to the rear. I'd much rather being facing forward.

Is American still operating the 772 with this configuration which includes rear facing window seats in business class? Looking at my seat assignment on the aa.com, the seat chart does not indicate which way the seat faces.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, AA still operates the foward/backward config in business class on some of the 772's (and has no current plans to update these planes). Unfortunately you will not know which config you're set to be on until around 24-48 hrs before the flight, until then all seatmaps appear as the 100% forward facing config. The below thread/wiki has all the details...

Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (2019 on)