FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:27 pm
Smrtmom1

Programs: AA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
What “world elite credit card” do you have that offers longe access? If it’s an AA Citi Executive MasterCard, that allows Admirals Class access, and there are showers, as it confers membership. Two guests allowed, if that’s your card. If you have another AAdvantage card, you actually don’t have lounge access at all, though you can purchase one day passes for everyone.

The AA arrivals lounge is landside and will not be available to you, unless you’re one world Emerald - but without guests - or arriving in Business or First.
I have the AA Citi Executive World Elite MasterCard, which does grant me Admirals Club access membership. I used to be OW Sapphire, but didn't fly enough last 2 years to maintain, so now I'm back to "member" status. Hopefully this year, with multiple trips to England planned, that will change.

And I want to make sure that I understand, I CAN go into the Admirals Club after security, and they have showers. And unless we upgrade to Business or First (which we may still do...haven't purchased tickets yet), then we can NOT use the arrivals lounge. Is that correct?

I'm sorry to have so many questions, as I said, the whole international lounge access issues are new to me. Thank you again.

I know I also have complimentary membership to Priority Pass locations with my Hilton card, and have found one in our terminal at LHR. But I wasn't sure which lounges I had access to on the AA side.
Thank you again!