FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:18 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by shortkidd
I disagree.

I can't mention the number of times the flight shows many open seats in first to all of sudden be sold out andy name is 7-8 down the list. There must be many more 4 mm flyers or GS on my flights than on many others. Yes, I call this shenanigans.

There seems to be a "real" upgrade list vs what is provided. At this point stop sharing the information because it's other wrong or of no use.
Believe me I feel for you and have looked many times at jumping to AS where when I matched with them I had great upgrade luck. It looks like your hub is ORD, my experience is that out of ORD/LAX/EWR/BOS/SFO unless you are basically #1 or #2 on the list you are not getting a CPU. As others pointed out they often don't clear instruments until <T24. They openly sell F to literally the time the door closes. As previously mentioned there are many other reasons that will result in 1K and even GS not clearing when seemingly high on the list. Do I like it, of course not. As many will tell you I have been vocal about this as well. But it simply is what it is. It is how UA has set up the game, and they play it very well obviously.