FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brag tags for every medallion member
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:53 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by No_Name

As one of my entertainment industry friends tells me, swag means "stuff we all get."

While the card has been useful in getting into lounges overseas, I don't see any benefit in the bag tag. Never had any issues with getting into the Sky Priority line and when they do check, they ask to see a ticket. I wouldn't want my SM number printed on it because a bad actor can get the number (likewise having your home address on the tag is not a good idea). I think a drink voucher--or a pair of socks--is a better value.

That is the definition I was using of Swag, the 'we' being Medallion members but honestly if they were handing out personalized tags on the website I'd still click the link. If I get one, I plan on attaching it to my checked bag, any little thing to help differentiate my bag from the 300 other Costco-sold black Samsonites. In terms of value, you're absolutely right there isn't one (which is why it's swag to me), any more than the socks Delta sent to marathonski that you mentioned, or people who win t-shirts at a basketball game.