FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit card survey
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:08 am
uppereastsider

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by wordsmith
What exactly does a companion coupon offer you? Could I book first class on the Acela and then bring a companion along for free i.e. 2 for 1? Can I book a bedroom on an overnight and bring a companion along for the same fare as if I was going solo? Thanks.
Buy 1, get 1 free on Acela is for business class only. They'll charge an upcharge if you buy a FC ticket and use a companion - it'll usually be the cost to upgrade from biz to first.

Not valid on bedrooms.

Here are the complete T&Cs:
  • Coupon valid for one (1) free companion rail fare with the purchase of one (1) regular (full) adult fare. Free companion and paid travel must be reserved at the same time. The companion and paying passenger must travel together at all times.
  • Each coupon is valid for travel as one (1) one-way reservation.
  • Travel blackout dates apply.
  • Valid for travel on all Amtrak service except train/Thruway series 7000 – 8999.
  • Free companion offer is not combinable with any discount, coupon, or Amtrak Guest Rewards® redemption travel.
  • The Coupon# is unique to your coupon and valid for one use only. Buying or selling this coupon is prohibited and will invalidate the coupon. Coupon may be transferred to a family member or friend.
  • Offer valid for Coach class and Acela Business class travel only. Upgrade to Business class or Acela First class is available upon full payment of applicable accommodation charges.
  • Not valid for sleeping car accommodations.
  • Other restrictions may apply.