FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Determining Fare Class on TAP
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:16 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
TP is shady in everything they do. It is the only *A airline I completely refuse to fly.
TP are not the only members of *A that act shady. It's a shame, the alliance is one in name only. I refuse to research every flight I book for hours in advance to check which booking class the operating carrier will assign, or if I even get anything credited to my FFP of choice, if there are silly lounge access exception rules that prevent me using my *G privileges, or if I'm likely to be turfed out of my exit row seat on the whim of some gate agent preferring the looks of the HON. When alliance member airlines clearly favour their own members, hide or withhold benefits from other airlines elites or just generally obfuscate things then then I ask myself why they still bother to be in an alliance.

My request for missing miles came back as expected with the response from A3 that the booked class does not qualify for credit.
My request to credit 100% miles for my H class ticket (Basic) came back with the response that TAP now awards miles based on fare family and Basic only gives 50% and "correctly" credited as P.
So, TP is screwing us. Your booking class must now be high enough to credit AND your fare family booked must correspond. So, terms and conditions from A3 and TP must BOTH be fulfilled. This is BS and I shall no longer be booking these flights.