FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likelihood Marriott will Take Away Lounge Access from Platinum During Next Downgrade?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:29 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nuhusky

agreed but I still don’t think Marriott does enough for higher tiers. My posts are tounge in cheek. No Marriott should not downgrade platinum as that sets a bad precedent for all tiers but they sure as heck need to do better for top tiers imo
I have to agree with this. I was originally planning to go for PPE this year, which would have required cutting out some Hyatt stays I have planned and also picking 5 EQN as my first choice benefit. The thing is, I chose those Hyatt properties because from a cost/quality perspective, they're much better options in those cases, and I would like to get my SNAs as early as possible. To switch them would require that Marriott make it worth my while to go for PPE, and I honestly don't feel that it provides any benefits that actually occur in real life that are worth me changing my plans.

RC suite upgrades? I've seen ambassador members report that they didn't get any upgrade at all at RC properties with tons of open rooms. No Your24, and that benefit isn't guaranteed for ambassadors anyway. Extra 2.5pts/$ is cool but not life-changing. There's just no killer benefit that makes me want to stretch for PPE.