FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likelihood Marriott will Take Away Lounge Access from Platinum During Next Downgrade?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:42 am
Nuhusky

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by AAir_head
I think we just have to trust them to do what they're supposed to--as you note, I think they generally do.

I don't think I've ever had this happen to me, but the whole thing is rather opaque really--it's not like you can actually see who's in each room, what status they are, and whether they booked that room or got upgraded into it (and if they got upgraded, why--it could be unrelated to the program).

Do you know for certain this has happened? Does it happen to you frequently? Did/do you say something to management? There's no compensation in the T&Cs for upgrades, but at least a manager might be able to explain what happened if it was really as blatant as that.
i travel for work and most of the time travel with others including my direct reports. Some of these persons being lower tier members and we always discuss what rooms we got. Generally we all check in on the same day allbeit at different times and yes I’ve seen lower tiers get upgrades I don’t