FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - People who work in the hotel industry are so weird(IHG)
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vince Chan
Hey IHG guy, do you also feels good about yourself posting incorrect information ?

Please check all the responses from your statement that W was born from Westin.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post30731456

Again. such shame, this is the behavior of IHG people, posting incorrect info, twisting fact, my ex-manager even told our employee that" new Marriott " does not allowing Plat member to get suite upgrade anymore.

Yes, people can get confused about so many brands under Marriott. But I doubt anyone who really would Pay and STAY in JW or W would not able to tell the difference!You will probably heard someone said that Andaz and W is competing in the same market, but who would think that JW Marriott and W hotel are targeting the same customers! Your incorrect information and totally wrong knowledge for those, just like my poor Sales director supervisor, is not going to help you ! You need to CORRECT your post!

Based on what and where do you get the idea that W was born from Westin? When 10 Starwood guests were told me it was totally wrong !

It's so Stuipid that those information are coming from and GM and sales director of and IHG, instead of a 3 years old.

If you don't understand anything other than IHG, please don't say anything, or passing and even educated those incorrect information to your co-workers!

You are right about my attitude for this job, my previous job allowing me to have almost double salary comparing to IHG, why would I stay there and using the empoyee rate?

I respect everyone one from GM to housekeeping when I stay in each Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, but I would never respect those kind of manager who feels so good about herself, who actually know so little about its competitor, and passing wrong information to co-workers!
Pal, please do not insult your fellow forum member by accusing anyone who is saying something you do not like to hear is IHG guy. There is no need for that.

if you can not get your head around the history of W brand that was developed based from Westin, I suggest you to learn more. And if 10 of Stanwood guests told you that is not true, maybe you should start to learn how to find the good source.

I can tell you the history of W brand and I can tell you the reality about brand positioning. But one thing I can not teach you is how to respect other people, that include your manager, your Co workers, your fellow forum members and someone told you useful information and you choose to disregards. Good luck to your next job.