FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:08 pm
farwest101

Originally Posted by GeneralKrull
I remember reading a comment in another thread where a MSer mentioned giving a good survey result for the WM MC at locations that will sell MOs using VGCs. I'm intrigued by this tactic.
What if we give bad survey results to places that don't sell us MOs? Buy some cheap crap and give a bad review for the MC (which you can actually do, even if you don't make a purchase there). Meanwhile, give glowing reviews for the stores that sell MOs. Some sort of regional manager will notice they're getting dismal reviews, but the neighboring region gets glowing reviews.
The MG peeps will raise a stink about MOs from VGCs, but would they walk away from WM for selling MOs? I doubt they would want to leave that money on the table, considering that a significant amount of Walmart's customers don't use banks.
It's a tactic I've used. Stores that will do business get multiple glowing reviews. I buy a few items at a crap location(s) and zing em with a bad review. Heard it takes 10 positive reviews to overcome a bad review. The review has to be accurate to be taken seriously rather than just sour grapes that they can easily ignore (but it's really easy to point out the problems - long waits, dirty stores, sullen unhelpful/hostile employees etc). Their metrics are based on being fast, friendly and the cleanliness of the store (which I always include the parking lots where some are never cleaned - I'm constantly picking up plastic everytime I visit because I can't stand that so many just walk over garbage and can't spend the 10 seconds it takes to pick up some trash - it's as if people who visit WM fully expect to be treated like the trash they just dump out their cars - even when a garbage can is 20' away)