FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:33 am
barrytuneup

Originally Posted by pdragn78
I was recently targeted for Amex Rose Gold Card 50K bonus in Dec 2018. I wasn't in the market for another AMEX at the time, but after crunching the numbers, this card is much better than the Amex Blue I'm using for grocery spend. I'm Chase 4/24 currently and just recently applied and got a Chase InK business with 80k bonus. If I got another targeted Amex Gold 50K offer, I would take it and then cancel my Amex Blue card. Is there any other way to get back the targeted 50K offer for Amex Gold? Or do I just play the waiting game...

Before I sign up for Amex Gold, I think I want to apply for another Chase card (United Explorer). So my plan is to wait a month after the Chase Ink Business to apply for Chase United Explorer. Then apply for AMEX gold, but only if I can find a 50K targeted offer. Has there been any success in calling Amex to "match" the targeted offer that I received in Dec 2018? Plan on having that conversation with rep in March 2019, unless you guys tell me I'm wasting my time.

I also have received targeted 100k for Amex Platinum, but don't travel enough yet...for that card. I do have grocery spend that will make the Amex Gold worth it to me.
What Blue card are you talking about? OBCash/BCEverdat/BCPreferred? For obvious reasons DO NOT cancel OBCash ever.