FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:00 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by beachmouse

Also known as Okaloosa Regional Airport, Northwest Florida Regional Airport, Fort Walton Beach Airport and a few other names due to a county aviation board that keeps changing the name of the airport for marketing purposes. I think I am at six or seven different airport names on my boarding passes over the years. But because it is a small and unimportant airport, the airlines don’t update their ticket systems in a timely manner and the current airport name tends not to reflect the airport name actually on your ticket. So to prevent confusion, not only do the locals just call it VPS but the airport itself has run ‘Fly VPS’ tv and radio advertising campaigns.

I had an interest nearby that kept me visiting when I was a lot younger It seemed then to be known as Elgin Air Force Base, though i remember being told that had never been its official name - even though it is a pretty accurate description of where it is...