FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The airplane arm rest wiping thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:17 pm
Shrpchef

Programs: UA Gold, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by roberino
Sure, it looks gross when you focus in on something like that, but think about everywhere else you've touched that day that also hasn't been sanitised? The taxi on the way to the airport has probably had any number of unsanitary fluids leak into the seat. All the door handles that get cleaned once in a blue moon (including toilet doors). The security checkpoint bins that go round and round getting handled by thousands of people per day who could've touched anything beforehand. If you thought about all that in detail then you'd probably just sign yourself into one of those back wrapping kiosks before each flight.

The fact is that there are dirt and pathogens everywhere and you're still fine. You have an immune system to deal with this stuff. Chill out and enjoy the ride.
Least we forget the trams used to carry passengers from terminal to terminal. Those are the surfaces I hate touching. I would rather pretend I'm riding a surfboard using no hands to hang on than touch those rails!