FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:37 pm
yjc281

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The benefit is always better at a legacy Marriott/Renn/JW because you get breakfast in the lounge, snacks at night, and a $10 coupon that will get you a free drink.

I think poor treatment depends on the franchise. I stayed at a CY recently and there were no questions about the $10 voucher. I figure their actual cost is $5 for that -- with more for the occasional two to a room -- but that should be offset partially by the potential to sell up since some will spend $15, rather than $10.
Agreed. In terms of breakfast offerings CY has been a lot more inconsistent compare to its Hilton counterpart--HGI, which always offers free buffet breakfast plus make to order omelettes to Gold and Diamond members.
My company has negotiated rates that include breakfast at two CYs, one limits the menu options and allow only regular coffee or water as beverage, the other one offers anything on the menu and any beverage including a large latte. My favorite CY is Courtyard Taipei which offers(as Platinum member benefits) full buffet breakfast at the restaurant or breakfast at the top floor lounge for two adults and two kids. That is equivalent to what I got at full service Hilton properties in Japan.