FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:51 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by fearless2357
I agree with others in that any detailed survey results should be kept off FT just to keep the game alive for us serious MS'ers and points travelers. I've bought MO's in at least 10 states in the US and I will say there are "general things" you will notice in common with MS friendly Walmarts and you can stick with that intuition.

That said I will offer one tip: There are some Walmarts that are truly dead, and just don't even try to waste time there. Those are the ones where all clerks have a standard operation procedure to ID and check cards. But those are very few Walmarts in the big picture. For the rest, it is a clerk-by-clerk basis and there are still a good amount that are very easy to stay under the radar. Happy hunting!

My 2 cents, its simple if any Wallys till recently was a mill and let everyone get what ever they wanted most likely MG will give them a stern warning, and you can kiss that Wally goodbye, even for using 1 card. 1 Wally where they couldnt have cared and even allowed folks to open the pkg right in front of them, must have had some nice total amount each day. Now after MG stopped by you Must show your card even for 1 MO and using 1 card

So it has nothing to do with how nice or not nice the csrs are but whether MG has stopped by or not. So a Wally that had a low daily count of certain type of cards being used most probably will be OK for the time being, if they pick up due to the others no longer being friendly, it wont last long, imo