FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:43 pm
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
We all pay higher prices for electricity and phone service to support the seldom used capacity necessary to handle peak demand. Lounge access doesn't seem sufficiently important to warrant the same service level.

The shopping mall parking lot analogy seems more appropriate. How satisfied would you be if American Express opened a second location at SFO in an inconvenient location, similar to a remote lot? For example, a landside lounge?
I suspect that "inconvenient" or not is in the eyes of each individual. As an arrivals lounge, it would be perfect, as I could get my checked bags (if any) before heading there. And for people flying out of anything other than T3 or Int'l G, it would also be more convenient because it's one less security checkpoint to go through. As for a remote parking lot, it's the same thing. If it happens to be in a far corner of the mall where fewer people go, but my store is in that corner, it would be great. And in any case, during peak times of demand (weekend before Christmas for example), I will sometimes just go straight to the far end of the lot rather than fight for space close to the mall. At least having a remote lot gives you that choice.