FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Delta really different?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:23 pm
carlosnunez.dfw

I've flown AA for the last two years at PPRO/EXP and am now flying Delta as a Platinum Medallion. I'm much happier with Delta's offering for a few reasons:

- How is it possible that Delta has CLEAR set up in DFW at Terminal E and their Sky Clubs, but American doesn't, despite it being their home turf?
- Boarding a Delta flight is nowhere near as chaotic as boarding an AA flight usually is, though I have limited exposure to this one.
- The difference between American Admirals Club and Delta Sky Club was minimal for me, but me gaining "free" access to the Sky Club via my AMEX Platinum card is MASSIVE. Why can't American do the same? Why does American partner with second-rate credit card companies?
- Delta's uniform game is well above what American offers. This tells me that Delta cares more about their front-line employees.
- I haven't been on a SkyWest E175 that looks worn yet. Envoy or Republic E175s, on the other hand.............
- Delta's MD88 doesn't look like I should bring a walkman, and AA's 757 doesn't have power outlets, IIRC. I think the AA 757 just recently got Wi-Fi, and they use it between DFW and ORD...
- Comfort+ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Main Cabin Extra
- A220 vs 7M8...enough said.
- Delta's safety videos are really creative, and I like that Ed makes an appearance
- American's first class domestic product can be slightly better, though. But Delta's is consistent as hell.
- My customer service experience as a temporary Platinum Medallion member are on par with what I received as an Executive Platinum. It also seems that PMs get more via regional upgrade certificates, "gifting" Silver Medallion to people and auxillary benefits like Hertz President's Circle.