FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Delta really different?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:04 pm
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by gmt4
I was a loyal NWA flyer right up until the merger, and have maybe had 3 or 4 flights on DL in all the time since. All of us were very sad and angry to see the generous WorldPerks program and fairly smooth NWA operation go away back then. In the upper Midwest where I Iived at the time NWA was like the hometown airline and the CS I always received matched that. I left because DL was garbage and I didn't want to deal with the tumult the merger was causing. Perhaps I still harbor a tiny bit of bitterness after all this time, but have had zero compelling reason to go back since.

My most recent flight on DL was in Nov 18 and I saw nothing perceptibly better about the service. No one should kid themselves, the same baloney you see on AA and UA was there: a gaggle of a boarding process with the dozen BGs they have, curt FAs. They have the weakest alliance partners and international route network, and an incredibly unrewarding FF program. Maybe its a good option if you need to get around the southeastern US or to wonderful Detroit from most anywhere in the US, but for the flying I do they don't measure up and likely never will. I'll stay where I'm at now.
One can criticize their partners, but DL’s international route network for TPAC and TATL blows AA away.