FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:32 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
Could the poor treatment by CY is largely due to the pressure from the franchisees?
But then you would see the same pressure from Fairfield owners to cutback the already meager offering, I think.

Look. One of the biggest problems with the Courtyard benefit is the value of $10. Ignoring outside the United States, where currencies vary in value, $10 in New York doesn't get you what $10 gets you in New Mexico or vice versa.

I will say that Courtyard's new breakfast food is pretty damn good. The egg white frittata is as good as anything I've had from a chef in the restaurant of a Marriott, Renaissance, Sheraton, Westin, J.W. Marriott, or Ritz-Carlton property. It's really that good.

But yes, the problem is you basically can't get a hot breakfast with the $10 per day. I've stayed at two Courtyard properties in two different states in the last week. Both times I had someone with me. I was given two coupons per day at each property. But the coupons were totally different. One covered $10 plus tip and tax. The other covered $10 plus tax but not tip.

One property allowed me to order at once and apply the two $10 vouchers, so $20, toward the cost. Without coffee, the $20 barely covered the cost of the egg white frittata and yogurt parfait.

The other property required me to place two separate orders. So, I left money on the table with the $10 voucher paying for just the yogurt parfait but didn't have enough money to pay for the egg white frittata.

One of the properties allowed me to use the $10 voucher for food and drink items in the market when the bistro was closed. The other property insisted it could only be redeemed at the bistro, which, like most or all Courtyard properties, is closed between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.