FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to upgrade to Premium seat on Corporate booking?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:31 am
evergrn

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
This has been a bug on AS' side for years. Certain third party tickets cannot buy Premium Class seats -- even phone agents can't sell them.

Yes, AS IT is that much of a mess that they can't figure out how to take money customers want to give them, 3+ years after rolling out the product
Okay, so this is a known issue with AS? You've had this same issue also?
You say certain third party tickets, meaning some are affected and others are not?
If this has been a known issue for 3+ years, then I guess it's difficult to expect a resolution anytime soon.

Is there anybody else out there with the same issues as me for CORPORATE booking?

Originally Posted by DrAlex
Are both legs of your trip on AS? Have you ever booked a single one way with this phenomenon happening?
This is an interesting question.
Most of my corporate booking has been multi-airline itineraries. Like DL-AS, UA-AS.
I don't know if I've ever booked AS both ways.
It's interesting you mention this, because one rep told me that the reason I can't do the upgrade is because I'm not flying AS both ways.
However, when I pointed out that I had no such issue with other carriers on multi-airline itineraries involving AS, she didn't know what else to say.

With regard to suggestion that I try to force my Corporate travel to do something about this, I've been down that road to some extent without success although I could try to escalate things. However, if Tracer_SEA is correct that this is an AS issue (and it seems to me that it more likely is), then I think hammering on corporate travel side might be low-yield.