FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking KL/MF BER/SHA TYO/SHA
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:07 am
thrwwrtlvsn

Programs: FB, MM
Originally Posted by siw
Yes, I go with all MF flight numbers on MF aircraft and MF codeshare flight numbers in KL aircraft so that all the Flying Blue Miles are determined by the distance, cabin class bonus and elite status bonus. Otherwise, a flight with a KL flight number within the trip will have FB Miles based on the base fare of that particular flight. I can never find the price of the individal flights and the Miles based on the revenue for these discount business class tickets will always (never found a ticket that proves this wrong) lower. For me I always try to get the codeshare flights instead of KL flight numbers, so it is a shame CZ have opted out of SkyTeam as that reduces the choices of my LHR-AMS-Asia options, but MF has been good so far.
Thank you for the confirmation, this is what I suspected. I think it would be very hard to find the breakdown of these MF flights, especially for these intra-European legs if they are KL-coded. Have you ever had a MF/KL flight credited to FB?

Originally Posted by endet
If you can find a MF coded European in business class even after payment please share the name as this will be helpful for others

If your flight is MF coded but KL operated you cannot select seats until OLCI. KLM website will still show the itinerary but will not show a link to assign seats (even paid in Eco) on shorthaul or long-haul flights.
I believe the ones I have mentioned (Flight Network and BudgetAir) are able to fiind MF-coded European business class. I went as far as the last step before payment but I obviously could not check further.
Do you guys have any feedback on both? Flight Network seems to be more well-known while the latter belongs to Travix International B.V.

That is good to know about the seat selection, it kinda match what the MF operator told me over phone.