FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get value from Accor points?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:07 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ryanp
There exist two scenarios in which you shouldn't (or couldn't) redeem Accor points:

1.) There is a extra-points promo running which stipulates only rates not paid or part-paid with points are eligible to participate.
2.) There is a big sale going on and the ToC stipulate you can only get the sales rate when not redeeming points.

But, compared to the other big chains, those scenarios aren't all that frequent. With other chains, you may run into the situation that no award nights are available or that surge pricing for awards is in effect quite often. Not so with Accor. Usually, you should be able to redeem and get close to face value of the points. (Remember though, that no new points are earned on the part of the room rate paid for with points so you're not quite getting face value. But it's close.)
Guess I'm really lucky (unlucky?) then, because whenever I've tried to use my Accor points, I'm always offered a better priced option where I can't use points. In the case of the Stamford, the no points price has been available for at least 1.5 months. It has not changed at all. However, the points price has increased from 511 Euros to 558 Euros (even though the reservation I'm looking at is not until July).