FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huge expansion of East African airline business
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:44 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I'm the exact opposite. I actively seek to avoid Nairobi in favour of Addis. The passenger experience (especially if you are *G or in Cloud Nine) on Ethiopian is significantly better than on Kenya Airways, both on ground and in the air.
In what way is ET better in the air? I do not have much experience with them, having only flown them once (in J) but the food was OK but nothing special and certainly no better than KQ nor did I find the cabin crew anything special either. They were pleasant enough but so are the KQ crews IME. That said, given my lack of experience of ET, I am happy to defer to those with greater experience.

In ADD, they sent me to the *A G lounge. It had all the charm, elegance and overcrowding of a bus station and deeply uninspiring food and drink (I ended up just having some water), to the point that I wondered whether iI would have made that much difference in terms of comfort and amenities to just stay outside. Fair enough if the Cloud 9 lounge is on a different planet in terms of comfort and quality of catering.

And ET blows KQ out of the water in terms of reliability. I can't even remember the last time I had a KQ trip that wasn't affected by a delay, cancellation or other hiccup.
Yeah, the chopping and changing of the timetable can be a pain, although I have not yet experienced much last minute delays and cancellations as such (I have jinxed it now having said that, haven't I? ).