FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:04 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Aventine
Do they have a limited amount of suites available or just stingy with giving them as Globalist upgrades?
Originally Posted by escape4
21 suites out of 273 rooms does not sound like a lot. It might not be easy to get suite upgrades there once the hotel is over the ramp up period...
My quote above is from one year ago where I expressed my opinion that it does not seem like the property has a lot of suites. The hotel is in the ramp up period so hotel occupancy is probably lower than normal so it would be easier (relatively speaking) for Globalists to score a suite upgrade (especially for a short stay such as 2 nights) now than in one or two years time. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the case. It might be because the hotel is stingy but until we hear reports that someone saw suites available online at time of check in and did not get a suite, for the moment I am assuming that the reason is simply because guests are paying for the few suites rather than they are stingy. We'll have more clarity as more guests report back here.