FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All 13 oneworld CEOs in London on Friday
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:52 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Hopefully it will be the announcement that Qatar will leave oneworld
Originally Posted by wb1969
Out of curiosity, why? I flew on QR for the first time recently. 6 sectors, all in Y and on every one of them they beat the crap out of BA equivalent on every measure.

I admit to being a lowly leisure traveller and know nothing of the politics that goes on.
You’re far from alone in showing such enthusiasm for Qatar Airways.

Politics aside, I struggle to see what benefit there would be for BAEC members in QR leaving OW. Those who prefer to avoid them will surely have little reason to care anyway ; but the reality is that for many, many, others, a QR split would mean a loss of opportunity to earn Avios whilst enjoying a product & onboard service of high quality, along with some very attractive fares across many popular routes. They have achieved a solid reputation even though they have been around for a lot less time than most other OW carriers, and they are, for a good number of regular travellers, one of the gems of the alliance.

QR can leave a lot to be desired where their ground services / customer support are concerned ; and they have a CEO who can be quite irrational, and who - safe to say - is not universally admired and respected. But then again ...... taking the OneWorld family as a whole, these negatives are hardly unique to Qatar.