FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:49 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Didn't receive any emails other than the automated booking confirmation. No idea who the guest relations manager is now.

I'm starting to somewhat regret booking here, and feel like I should've optimized for on-site rooftop bar instead of club lounge. I went to cé la vi at the element today and it's far better to drink there for happy hour drinks priced dirt cheap than at the Ren club where the ambiance sucks. Looks like the aloft has a sweet rooftop bar as well, and the W has a bar with great views of the Petronas towers.

They served me a beer after happy hour was over yesterday at the Ren club, but make sure to charge me for it. MYR 30… not cheap AT ALL for a draft Tiger beer.

The breakfast was mediocre. The cooked-to-order dosa was great, and the aloo curry was delicious, but the offerings were odd and somewhat lacking. Why are there 5 different potato curry dishes but not a single Indian meat dish, and why are there two grilled chicken dishes. I'd have much rather had some dal and murgh makhani than a million options for potatoes. Most of it was not great. At least the croissants were good. No grapefruit juice. Bad service.

Today I learnt: the two Petronas towers were each build by two independent companies to prevent delays preventing the on-time opening. Whichever finished first would have to honor to inaugurate the world's (then) tallest building. Now that's redundancy!