FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - so tired of having to prove stays. Time for Marriott to figure it out
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:13 am
thebackcourse

Originally Posted by Kacee
I now make it a point to get and keep a print of every folio when I stay at a Marriott or SPG property. I hate doing this because it's just a waste of paper, but you can't trust them to email the folio (even when they say they will), and you really need one now in case the stay doesn't credit.
It's frustrating for everyone involved. Marriott told the agents this new software would be this seamless, great for the agents and the customers(probably what they were promised by the vendor) wave of the future only to have it fall short in just about every possible way. It shows them tons of information that is essentially useless to 90% of agents and doesn't show the critical information like previous stays or all current reservations(not really an issue unless you have more than 10 reservations)...and worse yet the powers that be don't seem to care what a mess they've made. They just keep stacking more and more expectations on the agents and give them no time to complete things if you're not held on the phone. Soon as that call ends the next one drops immediately on top of them. Granted that's pretty normal for call center type work. But it forces the agents to keep the guest on the line far longer than actually necessary.