FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying IB / Iberia: seat selection, finding & using PNR, etc. issues
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:05 am
Tintin

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Andriyko
This is how it is supposed to be. No Amadeus PNR will be generated for an AA*IB codeshare. There is no point in contacting AA via any method to ask for something that does not exist. An operational PNR will be created in Resiber, and the passenger will be allowed to select a seat via a deep link once. Iberia's agents can access the Resiber PNR (calling is required) and help with seat changes.
Booking a prime IB flight through AA (whether as an award or part of a commercial booking) will generate an Amadeus PNR.
This is exactly correct in my experience with my reservation (bought in aa.com, IB flight, codeshare with AA). You can call AA (for codeshare IB flights) and ask for IB PNR. They will give you a 5-dight PNR. This PNR will not work in any sites, including IB's site, prior to the departure date. However IB agents will be able to access your reservation with the 5-dight PNR and can help you re-select seats. Some IB agents (in my experience) don't know how to select/re-assign seats for AA codeshare. You can call back and find an informed agent, or if you are AA EXP, then call the EXP desk and the AA agent can forward your call to IB and have your seat re-assigned. This is my experience.

PS: The following AA document is 100% accurate. When you book a AA codeshare IB flight, follow the instructionds in the following link. I printed a copy and saved it for future!

https://saleslink.aa.com/en-us/blog/...e-flights.html