FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta, Thamrin, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:33 pm
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by manneca
Just ending a stay here. They must be radically improved since the earlier posts. Yes, the rooms are small. But I'm paying 1/3 what I would have paid at the Keraton. (I'll say they are no smaller than at the JW Marriott on Beach Road in Singapore. and are about 1/6 the price, but that's Singapore.) There is some road noise, but it's not loud. No, it's not the Keraton, but it's not supposed to be. I found it a fantastic value for the price of the rooms.

Breakfast was fantastic. Lots of choices: western, Indonesian, and an Indian curry. Lots of choices I liked at lot. Had dinner here twice and very good.

Best thing: late checkout tonight at 8 (or 9) if we want it. They have gone out of their way to make things excellent.

It's a 5 minute walk from Plaza Indonesia with very good restaurants. Walked to the National Monument and National Museum (two long blocks). Taxied to Textile Museum for about $1 and made batik. It's about $3 to Senayan Plaza.
You really walked to Monas (national monument)? That's quite a long walk. You should take busway.

You forget to mention that Starbucks just diagonally across which also Jalan Sabang which you can find many (street) foods at night.

It is value for money if you do not look for luxury stay and you do not spend most of your time in the room.