FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Brussels [BRU]
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:37 pm
Atuchan

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by zdog2x
Just booked the following and now wondering if there will be enough time for transfer.

ORD-BRU on UA in C
BRU-Kigali in C

Assume will land in B, then need to transit to T?

No checked bags.

Connection time is 1:30.

Thoughts?
I am not sure if you have already taken trip but just in case.

I do connect at BRU to Kigali once every quarter for the past 9 years for work (not from ORD but from EWR) so here is my 2 cents. Make sure that when you get out of the plane, you go up the ramp so that you have direct access to terminal B boarding area. Since US flights are sterile, you do not need to go through another security. It may be little hard to notice as the sign is not very explicit but that should save 10~15min from the transit. If I recall correctly, UA flight from ORD should arrive somewhere around B7~B11 Gates.

The transfer bus runs from next to B80/B98 bus gates (opposite end). You go downstair to catch the bus at the tarmac level through a ramp next to B28 Gate. The bus runs every 10 minutes so if you miss one, you may need to wait for another 10min. T teminal's Sunrise Lounge could be quite busy around that time so you may have hard time finding an empty seat but it is a nice place to wait (I usually take shower there as it wil be another 7+ hrs to KGL) until the lounge agent makes announcement for boarding.

Kigali airport is small and should not take long time to clear immigration (there is a Business class lane for immigration if you already have VISA on hand). Kigali is very safe and clean city (well Rwanda in general is) so hope you will enjoy Rwanda.

Last edited by Atuchan; Jan 30, 2019 at 7:43 pm