FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Charlotte & Le Meridien Charlotte North Carolina
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:19 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 1/26 - 1/27

Location: The hotel is located in downtown Charlotte on McDowell Street. It's a little far from the trendier Uptown neighborhood but all the downtown attractions are either a short enough walk or a cheap Uber ride away. There's also a shopping center with a Target, Best Buy and a liquor store a block away. CLT is about 15 minutes away.

Hotel: The hotel is an older style Sheraton but it's actually really nice inside. The lobby has a coffee shop as well as a bar with a number of beers on tap and pool tables. There's a small outdoor pool as well and a Sheraton Club Lounge on the 14th Floor.

Check In: In a truly stupid move I booked my hotel for a day after I needed it for. A really helpful front desk agent was nice enough to set me up for the correct day. He was friendly and helpful and upgraded me to the Club floor, thanked me for my status and offered me points or a $10 F&B voucher.

Room: I like this hotel overall but the room was really bad. It was small and oppressively hot and took literal hours to cool down. The bathroom was tiny and prone to flooding easily. The bed was at least comfortable and there were outlets next to it but if this is the kind of room they put a Platinum Premier into I'm hesitant to come back.

Lounge: The lounge was open on weekends. They had a pretty good dinner spread including satay, eggrolls and cheese, fruit and desserts. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, breads, fruit and pastries. Service was not the best, I had to find the agent on duty in the back to ask for plates and they only had bottles juices.

I paid $120 for this hotel and it's not bad but there are way better options in Charlotte.