FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:37 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Had a cash and points reservation I switched to full points. Asked for upgrade options and was offered 100 Euros for a Deluxe Room and 360 Euros for a Park Suite (ex Junior Suite category) per night. They all still look very small.

Given the Junior Suite is only 45-50sqm difference is it worth the price differential? I realise it’s a premium property but that could be spent on cocktails and meals outside the hotel.
You still have status with Hyatt, right? I definitely would not bother to pay upsell in advance, as you could end up paying for what might have been a complimentary upgrade. Furthermore, even without status I would still advise to wait and see. It is nice to have a bit of extra space, yes, but when you think of the food, wine, and shopping available in Paris there can be better uses for the money. It also depends on how much waking time one will spend in room.

All rooms are nice, but range in size from “moderate” to relatively spacious. There are some beautiful junior suites on lower floors, and others that are basically a deluxe room with some added sitting space. For that reason I would want to see the actual rooms available to me at check in before deciding to pay anything. It really could go either way and be not worth it, or totally worth it depending on the specific suite or room they allocate.