FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:45 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by helvetic
Just checked in, was invited to the lounge where someone rather silently checked me in. No mention of an upgrade — I didn't really care for one, but was hoping I'd get a nice view of the Petronas towers, so I was disappointed to see my assignment to the 5th floor (lowest floor of rooms). I was surprised walking into the room by what is an absolutely massive suite. No views to speak of.

Somehow… I'm still a bit disappointed about the lack of view. I wonder if it'd be ungrateful to ask for a downgrade to a regular room on the top floor facing the Petronas towers…

EDIT: looks like I got the Renaissance Suite which seems to be the highest room category. The hotel seems deserted. No real drinks in the club lounge after 7:30 — which seems to contradict the 8:30 I saw mentioned other places and on the website.
Which tower?

Sometimes old hotels can be weird. I've seen a fair share of premium suites with no view whatsoever. It's weird.

When I stayed there in 2017 they were pretty strict about taking away all the alcohol precisely when the open bar closed. The J.W. Marriott's open bars hours were much more extensive.

Who is the guest relations manager?

Ms. "Nurul Hidayah Mohd Fuad" <[email protected]>was delightful to deal with in the past. Did they not send a pre-arrival email?