FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:36 am
Need

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
If you order a 2nd full sim for data at $15 a month for text and phone can you turn it on and off as many times as you want ?
the idea would be to order extra full sims , use them for 2 week vacation , deactivate the extra one until the next trip , maybe activating it for a few days every few months to keep it alive ,
Since the full sim gets free worldwide text and not too expensive calls it's seems like a good add on to the data only sim for the travel time ,.

Do I have my plan right ?
I don't think you could suspense a line on the account. I think you could only suspense the entire account but I could be wrong; I only have 1 line on it so far. It doesn't make sense to me to only use the 2nd line for travel. You already got a primary line that is always active, so phone call and txt could already reach you. The 2nd line is inactive most of the the time so it was not a frequently used number. If it is a travel only number, you could just get a Google Voice number instead and use the free Data-Only Sim with it on the other device on travel?