FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:14 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked in, was invited to the lounge where someone rather silently checked me in. No mention of an upgrade — I didn't really care for one, but was hoping I'd get a nice view of the Petronas towers, so I was disappointed to see my assignment to the 5th floor (lowest floor of rooms). I was surprised walking into the room by what is an absolutely massive suite. No views to speak of.

Somehow… I'm still a bit disappointed about the lack of view. I wonder if it'd be ungrateful to ask for a downgrade to a regular room on the top floor facing the Petronas towers…

EDIT: looks like I got the Renaissance Suite which seems to be the highest room category. The hotel seems deserted. No real drinks in the club lounge after 7:30 — which seems to contradict the 8:30 I saw mentioned other places and on the website.

Cocktail hours: Daily; 5:30pm 7:30pm (Food & Beverage), 5:30pm 8.30pm (Beverage only)

Last edited by helvetic; Jan 30, 2019 at 5:27 am