FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Master Thread(2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:26 pm
Franholio

Originally Posted by bulletin2007
Does CVS have $1000 limit per transaction now? Today I went to a CVS which I usually visited to purchase 3x$500 vanilla gc (green cover with a gift box). The first two $500 vgc were activated successfully. However, the last $500 showed error in cashier's computer. It also showed the error message for the last $500 vgc in the receipt. Talked with cashier for this issue. The POS screen then asked me to insert my card for refund (don't know whether it's done by cashier or automatically). Never met this kind of thing before. Glad that I didn't go away when cashier told me error message even the receipt was printed out.
Had three similar experiences at CVS the past week.

CVS 1: Girlfriend attempted to buy 3x $500 OV VGC. First two activated, third one triggered an error message. She got a refund for the $505.95. Meanwhile I was attempting to buy a few OV VGC at another register, and the system wouldn't let the clerk even scan my DL before throwing an error message. So we somehow managed to kill both registers in one fell swoop. (Or swipe, as it were.)

CVS 2: I attempt to buy 4x $500 OV VGC. Cashier tells me it works better to scan two per transaction. I oblige and purchase the 4 VGC without issue over 2 transactions of $1011.90 each.

CVS 3: I attempt to buy 4x $500 OV VGC in a single transaction. The first two cards activate, the second two cards both have error messages. I pay the $2023.80 and get a refund for $1011.90 in a separate transaction, and take the activated cards.

So if you run into similar issues, I'd recommend just splitting into two transactions of two cards each. In NoVA for what it's worth.