FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weather Waiver for Jan 27th - when will they issue?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:21 pm
MfromL

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Sounds like we may have been scheduled to be on the same flight. From your later post here it sounds like they didn't issue the waiver until after I had gone to bed, so we didn't even realize what we were traveling into…a 2hr delay at MSP, arriving home at 1:30am.
Actually I was originally supposed to be in KLM655, AMS-MSP, Jan. 27th. I got the rescheduling, didn't sleep, showed myself at the airport for the new flight at 4 am (MAD-CDG-MSP, with DL43), and AF staff told me that DL had messed up the rebooking and that I didn't show up in their system. After calling DL, they fixed the issue and AF checked me in. We departed the gate 5 minutes late from MAD, and had to be de-iced (the previous night the temperatures dropped to 4º C, around 39º F... I know safety is first but it seemed a bit odd). When taxing ATC changed the configuration of the runways (which I've experienced before in MAD, especially in the mornings, both when taking off and landing) so we got further delayed, and landed in CDG with a 40 minute delay.

I had to connect from 2F to the M gates in 2E and decided to take –mind my stupidity for not knowing better– the buses instead of exiting and taking the tram and re-clearing security. It was a nightmare with more that 400 people waiting for buses. At the end I made it to the gate just after they had taken out my bags out of the plane and it was being pushed back. AF rebooked and CDG-AMS-MSP (in the same flight I was meant to be in!). Arrived at MSP rather rested and went to sleep.

The delay did get me a nice voucher from AF because of the EU regulation (more than 3 hours and 3.500 kms) and a meal ticket that I quickly exchanged for a lot of croissants and pains au chocolat.

Tomorrow I'll fly from MSP to LIM, when the temperatures will reach a historical low and I've been told some machinery might suffer problems, including planes. So wish me luck!