FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your success rate on a glass of ET tap water?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:26 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by navylad
What's to stop you taking an empty 2L bottle through security and filling it up airside [...]

Having said that, it is interesting those who just choose their moment when CC can easily supply the water without having to either disturb their BOB service or remember it in minutes several seam to have a greater "success rate".
On 1) limits to hand luggage size. And as mentioned, as I’m typically a connecting flyer, on a not insignificant proportion of my trips, when there is a delay on my outbound and a bad gate, I’m just left running for my connection with no chance of stopping at lounge or fountains for even my small bottle which is my normal strategy.

in any case, while I appreciate the effort to make my life happier, bringing more water, buying more water, starting meditation with a desert theme, or allowing my nose to bleed all fail to solve the basic problem discuss in this thread which is how to improve the delivery of a service that both ba and crew are completely happy to provide in principle but which delivery is largely ineffective. I mean sure, if there is a leak in the flat above yours I can always tell you you can just put a bucket in your living room and emptying it twice a day, but that sort of misses the point that the neighbour above has a leak in the first place.

On 2), my abject apologies if I have done it wrong: I thought that the right time to ask was precisely when crew come with BoB, but I’d love to know what the correct time is if it increases my chances so please do tell me. In this thread I’ve seen only one person with much better success but from what I gather he asks exactly at the same time as me. That also matches the process described by our resident Crew members when first discussing this at the start of BoB though always happy to learn if something has changed.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jan 29, 2019 at 12:03 am