FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:11 pm
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
With all the bad customer service posts, I thought I'd post a nice one.

About a week ago, I had a 2 night stay at the JW Austin. The stay posted a few days later, but for some reason was for about 900 points in total (way less than it should have been) and the nights did not post either. So this morning I called Customer Service. Per my phone, the call lasted a total of 6 minutes and 6 seconds. Within that time, I waited a minute for someone to answer, a couple of minutes to identify myself (including providing my online pin number). Once I told the agent what the issue was, she looked up the stay, agreed with me that something wasn't right. It took her about 2 minutes to get my points correctly added along with my 2 night credits. And while she was fixing that, she noticed that my stay in Cancun which just posted didn't include my Plat 1000 points amenity. So she asked me if I had chosen a different amenity (which I didn't.) So she fixed that right there as well. ^

While in a perfect world, my points should have posted correctly, I have to say, I don't think I've ever had a similar call for any other program (hotel, airline, car rental, etc.) that went as smoothly or as quickly. She asked what I would have guessed would be the right questions, verified everything and then fixed it right then and there.