FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:08 am
sch_flyer

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
- In terms of suite upgrades, it’s worth considering that the entry level suite at GH is almost 100sqm, and they often upgrade further to a massive 140sqm suite (we’ve even been getting those recently without applying DSU). I haven’t seen any of the HR suites, but the website lists them at 54-78sqm (I assume that, like the rooms, they get smaller on higher floors). 54sqm would be fine for a couple, but for a family, you may conclude that you’re better off in the GH suite that’s almost twice as large.

- In terms of location, I find Nusa Dua pretty dreadful. It’s a gated community, and the GH could literally be located anywhere in the world. You’re captive, and there are few good food options in walking distance. All you can walk to is other large hotels plus the dreadful Bali Collection – basically an outdoor mall with mediocre food and overpriced tourist stores. From the HR, you can walk outside to a number of decent restaurants, stores (many mediocre, some not), even see some village life (including a fishing harbor). Sanur is very quiet compared to the tourist hell of Kuta, but IMO in a pleasantly laid-back, rather than boring way, and in any case it feels a lot less like a nursing home than does Nusa Dua.
I do have the TSU confirmed into the larger suite at the GH, so it at least feels like a "better" deal. In terms of location - we are planning on day trips to the countryside for a couple days, and relaxation at the resort for the rest of the time, and having it more secluded is not such a bad thing. Considering how inexpensive it is to get a private driver/tour in Bali, the location seems less important.

I really appreciate the thorough review and advice!