FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:28 am
jagmeets

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, Cathay does not allow class changes on redemption tickets. In fact, on a previous occasion when I had a one-way F ticket from TPE to HKG and needed to travel the day before I planned, no F was offered on the route that day and as they would not simply downgrade me to business class I instead ended up buying a ticket.
Interesting..While its been a couple of years, I have actually done quite the same..a HKG-SIN or vv sector in Prem Eco on a biz class multi carrier award ticket, that was initially in biz, but did not have U availability on the preferred flight of my revised plans. Vague recollection that a note was added to the booking that if there were seats available at airport check-in, it be given to us, else no refund of any miles or anything (which we were fine with) - we did end up travelling in biz, but the reissued ticket did have T class for that particular flight.