FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Si, Si Auberge's Chileno Bay in Cabo
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:27 am
Valveking

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We just spent a few days at Esperanza in a villa there and did a fair amount of visiting the new luxury resorts in Cabo. We visited Chileno Bay and had a fantastic meal at Comal there. They let us tour a couple of villas while we were there because we had a reservation for a 3 bedroom Oceanview villa for spring break with our kids. After the tour, we decided to change our reservation to Esperanza. We didn't like the views from the Villas at all. The 3 bedroom Oceanview villas are contained in the Dorado, Fresco and Estrella buildings. Of those 3, Estrella is far the best. It has an interior view of the resort while the other 2 buildings look out over a nasty dirt and sandy area that leads to the public beach. The villas themselves are very attractive in a modern, minimalist style. The 2 oceanfront buildings would be the best obviously, but they are not all that private either. You can clearly see the pools from the rooms above and from other parts of the resort.

The other issue is the construction noise which was clearly audible when you are at the lovely pool area. Suffice to say, we liked the resort very much. The food is good, but I would be very picky about the building they put you in and wait until the massive construction project in the back of the resort is completed.

We also had dinner at the new Montage. We ate at their oceanfront restaurant Marea which was also very good. Honestly, the resort feels similar to Chileno Bay. I would not be surprised if they both used the same architect.Both of them are on very busy public beaches that are swimmable which is rare in Cabo. Both of these resorts have beautiful pool areas and are great additions to Cabo.

We went back to dinner at the ever lovely Las Ventanas which was wonderful and stylish as always, but I have to admit that I was shocked by their food and wine prices. They have gotten completely out of hand.

Esperanza is still our favorite after several visits. It has the best views and the barefoot luxury lifestyle is the most appealing to us.

Soon to be opening are the RC Reserve and The Four Seasons on the East Cape which both look to be fabulous additions in 2019. I just wonder if there is a glut of luxury options forming. Who knows? Maybe the market can support them all.