FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Locked Out Of Skymiles Account Due To Security Issue
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:16 am
Ryno1234

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Locked Out Of Skymiles Account Due To Security Issue

Hey everyone,
Need tome advice or info. Last week I had approx 200K of my miles fraudulently used in the Delta marketplace. I caught it, called the market place and reported the issue. This was on Wednesday of last week, Jan 23. The person that i spoke to filled out a form and said it would be reported and the that the miles would be credited back.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, Jan 27th. I go to check in for my flight on the app and it says my account is locked due to security issues. I call the Diamond line and am told that, yes, i am locked out due to the fraudulent activity last week and that I had to fill out an on lone form, send in my drivers license, etc to get it unlocked. I was then told it could take UP TO A WEEK to unlock it.

I appreciate them watching out for my account etc, but a week sounds way too long. I have no access to the app to check in, get notifications and updates, etc and have to back door it using my locator number. Has anyone else has this issue?

Does it really take that long? I would have assumed that if i could have answered any questions they had on the phone that they could unlocked me right then,

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.