FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:57 pm
thunderlounge

Originally Posted by slm9555
Thank you for your feedback. I have roughly 60-70k CL with Chase.

I did get two letters in today's mail. The first dated January 21, 2019, stating the reason for denial was due to having opened too many cards in the past two years. However, I am very confident that I am under 5/24. The second letter was dated the following day and requested me to call Chase back to provide additional business information, but it looked like they wanted the same information that I already provided over the phone... I will call Chase back on Monday.

Have you been added as an authorized user on any other accounts in the past 2 years? If so, those will show up as your accounts but you can have them dig deeper to see that you are an AU. Be sure to mention that specifically, and that you are not responsible for repayment on those.

Easy enough to use one of the free services available and see your total open accounts. If 5 or more have been opened in your name in the last 24 months, then that is that.